Consider these tips for writing a helpful review:
- Be readable. Reviews need to be readable for others. Use proper grammar, avoid excessive capitalization or punctuation, and be sure to check your spelling.
- Be specific. Instead of just saying that you like the product, say why. What features do you love? Use clear examples of specific experiences – the more details, the better.
- Be objective. Try to highlight both positives and negatives in your review, even if your experience skews heavily in one direction.
- Be recent. The best reviews are those written about a book, eBook or software you have read/used recently.
- Be relevant. Avoid off-topic discussions or personal opinions not relevant to your direct experience with the material in this product.
Be sure to follow these guidelines when leaving a review:
- Be yourself. Don’t post as, or pretend to be, someone else, and do not say you’re associated with a person or organization with which you are not. Use your real name, email address, and company name with us so we can verify your identity.
- Don’t write abusive, hateful, threatening, or harassing content. Avoid personal threats, hate speech, obscenities, or inflammatory language.
- Don’t include others’ personal information. Don’t post information that can be used to identify another individual or compromise their privacy.
- Keep your focus on the eBook or this series. Don’t promote or disparage other products or vendors in a review. Keep your comments focused on the experience you had with the product you are reviewing.