Career Planning for Staff Development
Are your employees learning and developing new skills to stay current with the marketplace?
Do you know how to engage and coach your employees through effective career planning?
Imagine how motivating it would be if every staff member knew you cared about their career.“Career Planning for Staff Development” gives you the tools you need to do exactly that. We walk you through the steps necessary to collaborate on an individualized plan for each member of your team — a plan that builds capacity and aligns to organizational goals.
In This Guidebook You Will Learn
- The benefits of coaching employees to develop learning/career plans
- How to help employees align their learning/career plans with organizational goals
- The Four Steps of Career Planning
- How to use the Four Steps of Career Planning to build capacity and engage employees through career opportunities
- Strategies for creating and finding opportunities to support employee career aspirations
Career Planning for Staff Development is the fourteenth ebook in The Supervisor’s Safari Guidebook Series. Using a jungle metaphor, we take a light-hearted approach to a serious topic. Follow Jungle Jerry and his crew as they make their way through the jungle, encountering wild beasts and overcoming career challenges along the way.