Getting Started as the New Supervisor
Congratulations, you’ve been promoted. Now the real work starts!
Do you have the tools and expertise to get started in the right direction as the new supervisor?
Getting Started as the New Supervisor, the 4th guidebook in our series, is your first leadership toolbox. This guidebook takes you from the initial meeting with your team — to setting expectations with your manager — to creating an environment in which your team can excel.
- Learn how to reveal what your new team is thinking or worrying about.
- Measure your leadership EQ strengths and create a personal development plan using our leadership assessment.
- Powerful questions are provided throughout the guidebook that you will ask yourself, your team and others to ensure you’re well-informed and and on the right track.
Three Things That Make This Book Different
- We show you how to use the organization’s “story” and business plan to align your team’s activities.
- The section on ‘managing your manager’ will start you off on the right foot and avoid the pitfalls encountered by many new supervisors.
- We give you step-by-step instructions to create a team “wish list” — a document that unites you and your team and gets everyone working together more quickly
In this Guidebook You Will Learn
- How to Familiarize Yourself with Your New “Jungle” Environment
- Your new Trail Boss Role and Responsibilities
- How to Build Credibility with Your Team
- Strategies to Quickly Engage Your Jungle Crew
- Survival Tips for Starting Out in the Jungle
Getting Started as the New Supervisor is the fourth ebook in The Supervisor’s Safari Guidebook Series. Using a jungle metaphor, we take a light-hearted approach to a serious topic. Follow Jungle Jerry and his crew as they navigate through the jungle, encountering wild beasts and overcoming challenges along the way.
Start your leadership journey on the right path!
Download your copy and get started today!