Planning Skills for the Supervisor’s Safari
Do you have the tools you need to plan your work and track team performance?
Are you prepared to juggle conflicting priorities and face resource shortfalls?
Feeling disorganized or overwhelmed in your new leadership role?
“Planning Skills for the Supervisor’s Safari” takes you beyond goal setting and into strategic team planning by integrating the company’s mission, corporate values, and the business plan. It helps you plan for what is most important and shows you several ways to get — and stay — organized.
- Use a planning grid to track ongoing projects and goals
- How to document and make decisions on conflicting priorities
- Make planning appointments with yourself to stay aligned with your overall goals and strategy
Three Things That Make This Book Different
- We break down planning into tactical and strategic activities: first, at the personal level for you, and second, at the department or team level.
- Many books teach SMART goal setting; we go beyond that to show you how to integrate your team, available resources, and your budget — all while ensuring team goals fall within the scope of your assigned objectives.
- We show you how to boost your productivity — and your career — by incorporating the Supervisor’s Hour of Power into your weekly calendar.
In This Guidebook You’ll Learn How To
- Set up your plan as the new Trail Boss
- Strategically plan for the safari ahead
- Use tactile planning strategies for day-to-day tasks
- Use proven planning tools to assist you and your jungle team
Planning Skills for the Supervisor’s Safari is the fifth ebook in The Supervisor’s Safari Guidebook Series. Using a jungle metaphor, we take a light-hearted approach to a serious topic. Follow Jungle Jerry and his crew as they make their way through the jungle, encountering wild beasts and overcoming career challenges along the way.