The Stages of Team Development
Did you know that teams experience different stages as they synergize together during their life cycle?
More importantly, do you know how to lead them into high performance?
A high-functioning team is a supervisor’s first goal. Do you know how to evaluate your team as a group and how to adjust your approach according to their current level? “The Stages of Team Development” shows you how to recognize the stages (Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing and Adjourning) and select the leadership style most appropriate for each stage.
- Learn why every stage is vital to team development
- Understand what causes teams to move from one stage to another or what causes them to deteriorate
- Help your team members understand their role within the group dynamic
Three Things That Make This Book Different
- Detailed worksheets to help newly-formed teams begin collaborating quickly
- Guides to help you recognize each of the team stages and select the leadership style accordingly Introduction to the Team Charter concept which supports team cohesion during the team stages of development
In This Guidebook You Will Learn
- The 5 Stages of Team Development
- What Team Members Need at Each Stage
- How to Lead Your Team Through Each of the Stages
- How to apply clear guidelines during times of team conflict
The Stages of Team Development is the ninth ebook in The Supervisor’s Safari Guidebook Series. Using a jungle metaphor, we take a light-hearted approach to a serious topic. Follow Jungle Jerry and his crew as they make their way through the jungle, encountering wild beasts and overcoming career challenges along the way.